Kentucky Workforce Summit: Solutions for Economic Competitiveness
$399/Kentucky Chamber Member
$199/Government and Non-profit
Leadership from the private sector and strong public programs are key to creating a highly skilled workforce. The Kentucky Workforce Summit; Solutions for Economic Competitiveness will focus on key areas where greater employer involvement can make a positive difference for the productivity of their companies and the overall quality of Kentucky’s workforce. Specific topics to be addressed include:
- Essential Skills for Today’s Workforce. These skills are critical for success in life no matter where someone works or goes to school: working well with others, remaining drug free, adapting to new information — just showing up on time every day! How can we improve the essential skills of Kentucky’s workforce?
- Career Readiness. This is the latest buzz phrase for preparing students to succeed as adults. What does it meant to be career ready in today’s economy and for the future? How do we make sure we’re preparing students the right way?
- Workplace Learning and Apprenticeships. Whether it’s called project-based learning, an apprenticeship or a career pathway, the benefit of learning while doing cannot be overstated. Kentucky is picking up the pace on making work-based learning more widely available, but are we moving fast enough?
- Plugging In. How, specifically, can Kentucky employers become engaged in meaningful ways to build a stronger workforce in our state?
Who should attend?
• Policy leaders
• Human resources personnel and HR consultants
• Business owners
• Personnel directors and managers
• Employee relations specialists
• Career and technical educators
• Trade association members
• Education professionals from P-12 and postsecondary
• State and local workforce innovation board members