FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 3/13/20
Click here to download release
In response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, Lifestyle Health has reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and protocol and offers the following coverage policy and coverage parameters:
- Lab Tests related to the COVID-19 virus will be covered for members that meet the CDC guidelines for testing.
- Lifestyle Health will be adding the COVID-19 test (HCPCS code U0001) to the listing of preventative service codes covered under the plan.
- Members that meet the CDC guidelines for testing will have their COVID-19 test covered under the preventative benefits portion of their health benefit program up to a maximum coverage amount of $60 for the U0001 lab test.
- Lifestyle Health will pay 100% of the lab test when ordered and billed through LabCorp to our DirectHealth lab program.
- If COVID-19 testing is not facilitated through LabCorp, Lifestyle Health will provide a benefit of up to $60 for the U0001 lab test with no patient cost share. Members will be responsible for any balance above the $60 maximum allowable unless the test is ordered through Labcorp.
- Treatment expense for all other services related to the COVID-19 virus will be subject to normal plan deductible and co-insurance provisions.
- For members that have a HDHP Consumer plan, the COVID-19 test will be paid at first dollar benefit and not subject to their deductible and co-insurance provision up the maximum allowable indicated above.
Please refer to the CDC Guidelines for specific information on the COVID-19 virus at CDC.gov and suggested testing requirements and eligibility. If you are concerned that you or someone you know may have contracted the coronavirus, we urge you to contact your primary care provider immediately.