Frankfort, Ky. (Oct. 11, 2011) – The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce announced last week that Luther Deaton, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Central Bank and Trust, Lexington, Ky., has been elected chairman of its 2012 Board of Directors. Deaton will head a 60-member board, representing a cross-section of Kentucky business and industry.
Deaton succeeds 2011 Chairwoman Deb Moessner, president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Kentucky. Chairman-elect for 2012 is Jim Booth, president of Booth Energy, Inez, Ky.
Deaton began employment at Central Bank in 1978. He worked in various roles at the bank until 1996 when he was promoted to president and CEO. He was named chairman in 2002. In addition to his roles at Central Bank and the Kentucky Chamber, Deaton is involved in numerous civic and community organizations throughout the Commonwealth, and is a former chairman of the board of Commerce Lexington. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University Graduate School of Banking of the South and a graduate of the National Commercial Lending School at the University of Oklahoma.
Serving with Deaton, Moessner and Booth on the 2012 Executive Committee will be:
- Treasurer Paula Hanson, director of tax services for Dean Dorton Allen Ford;
- Chris Herman, senior vice president of energy delivery for LG&E and KU Energy;
- Mary Pat Regan, president of AT&T Kentucky;
- Elizabeth McCoy, president and CEO of Planters Bank;
- Tierra Kavanaugh Turner, CEO of TKT & Associates;
- Dan Bork, vice president of tax for Lexmark International;
- David Gray, president of Baptist Hospital East;
- Wil James, president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky;
- Julie Janson, president of Duke Energy – Ohio & Kentucky;
- Lynn Parrish, president of Marwood Land Company; and
- Steve Loyal, vice president of government affairs for Atmos Energy Corporation.
Newly elected 2012 members are:
- Carolyn Brown, member and chair - environment, energy and natural resources practice group for Greenebaum Doll & McDonald;
- Craig Browning, president of the south central Kentucky region for U.S. Bank;
- Malcolm Bryant, president of the Malcolm Bryant Corporation;
- Juanita Deskins, COO of Pikeville Medical Center;
- Charles “Buzz” English, Jr., partner, English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley;
- Michael Karpf, executive vice president for health affairs for University of Kentucky HealthCare; and
- Dave Kemmerly, director of state government relations for Humana.
A full board listing, including those continuing their terms, can be found at www.kychamber.com/2012board.