The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://www.kychamber.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including but not limited to: your name, mailing address, email address, phone number and other similar information (“personal information”). We may also collect information about your company/business or information about you individually, but that does not identify you, such as information about your use of the Website, the type of equipment you use to access the website, your internet connection, or parts of the Website you visit most often. We collect information that you provide to us directly through the Website, as well as information we collect automatically about how you use the Website using cookies and other kinds of tracking technologies. Under some circumstances, we may collect information from third parties, such as business partners.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information you provide when you: apply for membership, create an account, register for events/seminars/courses, sign up as a sponsor, make purchases, submit resumes, post jobs, subscribe to our services or newsletters, request further services, and/or when you contact us directly to request information or for assistance.
- Information about your company, provided by you or an authorized agent, including but not limited to the following information: the company’s website, SIC code, address, number of employees, and phone number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details about transactions you carry out through our website and fulfillment of your orders or requests, including possibly providing financial information in conjunction with a transaction.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your IP address.
- Other information you may provide to us. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For more information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please see the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website here.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.”
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.”
Our Website currently does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To communicate news, events, products and membership updates to you.
- To compile a database, which is accessible by our staff, employees and other registered members.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To allow you to register for events, seminars and courses offered through our Website.
- To generate a username and password for your account.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and our third party partners' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send your request to [email protected] For more information, see “Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.”
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To other registered members in our company database.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties if you have registered or expressed interest in an event, course or seminar offered by a third party partner. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.”
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you register for an event, we will transmit your information to the third party hosting the event.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply other agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, membership registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to use, please email [email protected]. We will try to accommodate your request, but we may need to either delete your account to do so, or we may decline your request under certain circumstances, such as if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices, as outlined below. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit here.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be conducted via secure third-party payment processors such as Paypal.com and Authorize.net.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date the privacy notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy notice to check for any changes, as well as keeping the email associated with your account address up-to-date.