The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce announced today that Elizabeth McCoy, president and CEO of Planters Bank, has been elected chairwoman of its 2014 Board of Directors. The Kentucky Chamber is the state’s largest business organization, representing businesses of all sizes throughout the Commonwealth.
McCoy succeeds 2013 Chairman Jim Booth, CEO of Booth Energy. Wil James, president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky, has been named chair-elect for 2014.
McCoy is a resident of Hopkinsville, holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree from the University of Kentucky, and is a certified public accountant. She serves on the boards of the Kentucky Banker’s Association, the Hopkinsville Industrial Foundation, the Hopkinsville/Christian County Economic Development Council, and the Gatton College Business Partnership Foundation Board. She also recently received the Fannie Bronson Postell Award as Outstanding Woman of the Year.
Serving with McCoy, Booth and James on the Chamber’s 2014 Executive Committee will be:
- Treasurer Paula Hanson, director of tax services for Dean Dorton Allen Ford, PLLC, Lexington;
- Kevin Canafax, vice president of government relations/public policy and midwest site leader for Fidelity Investments, Covington;
- Dan Bork, vice president of corporate tax for Lexmark International, Inc., Lexington;
- David Gray, president of Baptist Hospital East, Louisville;
- Stephen P. Branscum, president & CEO, Branscum Construction Company, Russell Springs;
- Rusty Cheuvront, vice president, director of global community relations, Brown-Forman Corporation, Louisville;
- Joseph W. (Joe) Craft, III, president & CEO, Alliance Resource Partners, LP, Lexington;
- Charles E. (Buzz) English, Jr., partner, English Lucas Priest & Owsley, LLP, Bowling Green;
- Deirdre Lyons, co-founder, director of corporate image and project management for Alltech, Inc., Nicholasville;
- Lynn Parrish, president of Marwood Land Company, Pikeville; and
- Tierra Kavanaugh Turner, CEO of TKT-Nectir Global Staffing, LLC, Louisville.
Newly-elected 2014 board members are:
Don Bloomer, president and CEO, Citizens National Bank, Somerset;
- Bobby Clue, executive director, Somerset-Pulaski Co. Chamber of Commerce, Somerset (ex-officio);
- Brent Cooper, president, C-Forward, Inc., Covington;
- Winston Griffin, vice chairman, Laurel Grocery Company, London;
- Candace McGraw, CEO, Cincinnati/Northern KY Int’l Airport, Cincinnati;
- Brad Rives, chief administrative officer, LGE and KU Energy, LLC, Louisville;
- Helen Sims, administrator/owner, Superior Care Home, Inc., Paducah;
- Nicholas Simon, president, Publishers Printing Company, Shepherdsville;
- Kennan Wethington, regional vice president of group sales, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kentucky, Lexington;
- L. Tracee Whitley, COO, Bingham McCutchen LLP, Lexington; and
- Stephen Williams, president & CEO, Norton Healthcare, Inc., Louisville.
The Kentucky Chamber’s 60-member board of directors represents a cross-section of Kentucky business and industry leaders. A full board listing can be found here.