Identify a problem facing your community. How might a citizen solve the problem? Write a 500-word essay that includes the following:
- What is the problem, and how do different members in your community or neighborhood view it?
- What civic principles or systems could help to address the problem?
- What is your idea or recommendation for solving the problem?
- What primary sources, such as X, Y, or Z, provide supporting evidence or examples for your idea or recommendation?
- How might members of your community or neighborhood bring your idea or recommendation to life?
Your essay will be evaluated based on how well you demonstrate an understanding of civics, acknowledge and address opposing points of view, use primary sources, and clearly describe an idea innovative or new to you. You can find inspiration in our Civics Bee Study Guide.
Submit your essay here! - Link Coming Soon!
All essays must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on March15, 2022 to be considered. Please review all rules and eligibility requirements before submitting.
You will know your essay has been successfully submitted when you see your completion certificate after pressing “SEND”. Finalists will be notified by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Foundation by April 15, 2022 via email. Please email [email protected] with any questions.