FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 9, 2020
The following is a joint statement on education spending proposed in the Kentucky House of Representatives' recently-passed budget:
“We are pleased the budget put forth by Kentucky's House of Representatives prioritizes education in a meaningful way. The proposal, passed with bipartisan support, is an overall win for education.
"Kentucky must improve its educational landscape to grow our economy and increase our future competitiveness. The increased investment in key areas of our education system will help improve our state and prioritizes our most precious resource, our students.
"Crafting a state budget is no easy task and we applaud the House for prioritizing education. We will work to ensure education continues to be the top priority of the budget as it now moves to the Senate."
- Ashli Watts, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Jay K. Box, Kentucky Community & Technical College System
- Brigitte Blom Ramsey, Prichard Committee
- Aaron Thompson, Council on Postsecondary Education
- OJ Oleka, Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities