8 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 a.m. Program begins
Noon Lunch (provided)
4:30 p.m. Program adjourns
- 64% of Americans now view unions favorably.
- COVID-19 disruptions have increased employee dissatisfaction.
- Will recent improvements in labor laws be reversed as political winds change?
- Find out how to protect your workforce in a changing legal and labor climate.
- The impact of COVID-19 on union organizing and the union election process.
- New sources of employee dissatisfaction and distrust.
- CARES Act unemployment insurance pressure on wages and available labor pool.
- NLRB procedural changes (e.g., mail ballot): how they impact employers.
- The legal climate is changing fast, but will it last?
- Reversal of broad “joint employer” definition,
- Reversal of NLRB “Ambush” election procedures,
- Restoration of employer control over email, etc.
Which of these changes are likely to last? Which depend on the outcome of 2020 elections?
- Changes to NLRB Rules on Employee Handbooks and Workplace Investigations. What should go in and what should stay out of your personnel policies.
- Social media, “virtual meeting,” electronic union cards, internet organizing – how unions use technology to reach your employees and attack you.
- Union activity on your property – Know how to protect your rights.
- The “Basics” – What hasn’t changed.
- Analyzing your Risk – See your employees through “union eyes.