8 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 a.m. Program begins
Noon Lunch (provided)
4:30 p.m. Program adjourns
- The legal environment is rapidly backing Big Labor.
- 64% of Americans now view unions favorably.
- Disruptions and uncertainty following COVID-19 increase worker discontent.
- Find out how to protect your workforce in a changing legal and labor climate.
- Preparing for the new political climate. What will change and how fast?
- Return of aggressive labor law regulation.
- Broad “joint employer” definition.
- Return of NLRB “Ambush” election procedures, and “micro-units.”
Which of these changes, and others like them, are likely to come? How fast? Which are already here?
- Union organizing in the wake of COVID-19, and COVID-related relief packages.
- New sources of employee dissatisfaction and distrust.
- Pressure on wages and available labor pool.
- NLRB procedural changes (e.g., mail ballot elections). How they impact employers.
- Changes to NLRB Rules on employee handbooks and workplace investigations. What should go in and what should stay out of your personnel policies.
- Social media, “virtual meeting,” electronic union cards, internet organizing – how unions use technology to reach your employees and attack you.
- Union activity on your property – Know how to protect your rights.
- “Protected concerted activity” – NLRB regulation of your workplace without unions.
- The “Basics” – What hasn’t changed.
- Analyzing your risk – See your employees through “union eyes.”